Dr. William P. Magee Jr., a leading plastic and craniofacial surgeon, devotes half of his professional life as a volunteer to the organization that he and his wife Kathy began in 1982. Dr. Magee joins Operation Smile’s volunteer team on numerous overseas missions each year to perform reconstructive surgery.
A New Jersey native, Dr. Magee graduated from Fordham Preparatory High School in New York in 1962. He received a Bachelor of Science degree from Mount St. Mary’s College, a D.D.S. from the University of Maryland and an M.D. from George Washington University Medical School, as well as honorary degrees from Fordham University, Loyola College, Old Dominion University, Villanova University and Denison University. He served his general surgery residency at the University of Virginia Medical School, in 1975 was awarded the Hays-Fulbright Scholar Grant from the Franco-American Commission were he studied with Dr. Paul Tessier, the father of craniofacial surgery. In 1978, Dr. Magee completed his plastic surgery residency at the Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine. He completed advanced studies in his field in Switzerland, Germany and Scotland.
Dr. Magee is the father of five children, all of whom have served on medical missions and are active in volunteer work for Operation Smile. In private practice, he serves as President of Magee-Rosenblum Plastic Surgery, Inc., Norfolk. He has practiced medicine in Norfolk since 1978. He held the Kasanjian Lectureship at the American Society of Plastic Surgery in San Francisco in 1977 and has written numerous articles for scientific journals and has contributed chapters for books. Dr. Magee serves as chairman and is a lifetime member of the Board of Directors of Operation Smile.
- Graduated from Fordham Preparatory High Scholl in New York
- Bachelor of Science degree from Mount St Mary’s College
- D.D.S. from University of Maryland
- M.D. from George Washington Medical School
- General Surgery residency at University of Virginia Medical School
- Plastic Surgery residency at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine
- Advanced educational studies in Switzerland, France, Germany and Scotland
- President, Plastic Surgery Associates, Inc in Norfolk, Virginia, where he practiced medicine since 1978.
- Accompanies annual overseas missions as volunteer
Lifetime member and chairman of Operation Smile Board of Directors, President Magee-Rosenblum Plastic Surgery, Inc. in Norfolk, Virginia.